Church of Saints Simon and Helen also known as the Red Church is a Roman Catholic church on Independence Square in Minsk, Belarus.
This neo-Romanesque church was designed by polish architects Tomasz Pajzderski and Władysław Marconi, and built during 1905-1910. The bricks for its walls were sourced from Częstochowa, whilst the roof tiles came from Włocławek. Its construction was financed by Edward Woyniłłowicz, a prominent Belarusian civic activist. The church was named and consecrated in memory of Woyniłłowicz's deceased children, Szymon and Helena.
Sender: Olga, Received on: 29 Apr, 2013, Distance: 1,438 km (894 miles), Travel time: 27 days